Last Day and Goodbyes (for now)

Today was the last day of my residency. It was a surprisingly busy day, with lots of last minute ends to tie up before leaving for my Christmas break. Saying goodbye is never easy, but I am leaving my residency with wonderful memories and with a tremendous amount of knowledge gained.

Throughout my residency I’ve been challenged to step outside of my comfort zone, to work on my weaknesses, and to develop my skills. Coming into my residency I had never held a job before. The only ‘work’ I had done was work while an undergraduate student tutoring other students. Working in a hospital or in any more formal business setting was a very new experience for me. The first few days of my residency I didn’t know if I would do well, or if I was cut out for hospital administration. I was quiet, nervous about meeting everyone and found it challenging to adjust.

The administrative team at Lake Pointe truly helped me to open up and to work on my weaknesses, while also giving me opportunities to expand my skill sets. Even after six months with them I feel like this is so much more I could learn. It was a wonderful experience and I know it was a great foundation for my future. I still have a lot to learn-both in the classroom and in the office, but I know I am much more prepared for my future now than I was my first day of my residency. I will forever be thankful for everyone who shared their stories and helped me along my way. I am very fortunate for such a great experience and residency.

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.