Presentation Day

After several days of prep work, the day of my final presentation for my residency had arrived! Col. Garner came to my hospital a little early and helped me get set up for my presentation. I haven’t needed to give any presentations during my time at Lake Pointe, so I was excited to share what I had learned while working on my project both with Col. Garner and will my Preceptor.

For our presentations we have the option of inviting whomever would like to attend. Some of my classmates had more attendees at their presentations than others. I had a small group with only my preceptor, Lake Pointe’s Director of Business Development, Col. Garner, and two other Lake Pointe employees who came to offer support.

We are given an hour time slot for our presentations. I was originally concerned that my presentation would run short, but after practicing I quickly realized I would fill the time slot. Overall I thought my presentation went very well! It was exciting to be able to present a project that I had spent so much time working on. Even more surprising to me is that I really didn’t feel nervous beforehand! Prior to coming to Baylor I was always anxious about giving presentations. My classes at Baylor have required a lot of presentations, so I eventually stopped getting as anxious about them. I was glad to see that progress has carried over even after being out of practice for several months!

After my presentation, my preceptor gave me feed back on how he thought my presentation went as well as on my slideshow style. He also asked me several questions. Col. Garner then met with my preceptor before meeting with me one last time. I received a lot of great feedback and was glad to have finished my residency requirements! I’m also looking forward to getting back to Baylor next semester to catch up with my classmates and learn about their projects.

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.