Final Presentation

Now that it’s almost Thanksgiving I am only a few weeks away from the end of my residency. I really can’t believe how quickly time has passed since my first day at Lake Pointe. As much as I am excited for Christmas break and to see my family and friends I will also be sad to leave Lake Pointe.

Since June I have been lucky enough to spend time with a wonderful group of people who have taught me a lot about how integral everyone’s roles are to making a hospital operate. I’ve also been given opportunities to use some of what I learned while at Baylor and was also given opportunities to continue to develop interpersonal skills.

One of the opportunities I have had is through my final project. For my final project i helped to develop several results metrics that will be utilized to monitor our new Community Paramedics program. Prior to developing results I also was able to sit in on meetings and watch the program develop. It has been a wonderful learning opportunity and I’m very thankful to have been a part of its development.

Since the program just recently launched, my presentation will focus on telling the story of how the program was developed. Although we do have several patients enrolled in the program now, it is too early to report results from the program. After spending so much time with this program, I am very excited to present the steps taken in the program’s development with Col. Garner and with my preceptor. I’m sure I’ll be nervous, but I know it will be great to present everything I’ve learned!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.