Contract Project-Progress!

Over the past few weeks I have been spending time going through contracts for a second hospital to identify possible cost savings.

After reviewing the list with the administrative team, we have several targets that we want to focus on first to help the hospital save money. It has been interesting for me to see the steps involved with a hospital being acquired and what changes are necessary for them to make. Part of the changes that are necessary for this hospital are for them to get their financials in order and to organize ongoing contracts so that the admin team can know what the hospital is actually paying for!

To get started the COO and I met with a Director who is helping the hospital to obtain corporate pricing. We talked about contracts that we want to check and see if the hospital is obtaining the correct pricing as well as others that we want to look in to alternative options.

Overall the project has been a great learning opportunity for me and I think I’m very lucky to have had the opportunity to see the aftermath of an acquisition and to have been able to spend time at multiple hospital

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.