Ranch Visit

As much as I enjoy living in Dallas, I do miss spending time outdoors. My boyfriend’s family has a cattle ranch about two and a half hours away from Dallas.

Although we used to make ranch visits fairly frequently when we were both in Waco, it’s been harder to make the trip down since he’s returned to school and I’ve been busy with work. We finally had the chance to head down this weekend and also decided to bring our golden retriever, Tonks, for her first visit to the ranch.

Normally on ranch visits we spend time hiking around, have campfires and relax. Since we were bringing our pup, we weren’t sure how much of our norm we would have. Although Tonks is pretty good inside, she is highly reactive outside when on a leash. We ended up deciding to let her off leash to see how she would do and aside from badgering a few cows, she was great! She had a wonderful time running around and even swam in one of the small lakes at the ranch.

We ended up being able to end our trip with a bonfire that night and roasted some hot dogs and marshmallows. I’ve really grown to love ranch visits and definitely want to work on making the trip there more often! There is just something wonderful about getting away from the city for a few days and enjoying being outside.

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.