Texas State Fair

Over the past few weeks Dallas has been home to the Texas State Fair. Several of my classmates drove up to go to the fair last year, but I didn’t make the trip. Now that I’m living here, I decided that I needed to make the (much) shorter trip and check out what the fair has to offer.

The Texas State Fair is fairly well known throughout the country. Prior to moving to Texas, I had heard of the fair due to its vast collection of fried food offerings for guests to enjoy. Each year, new fried concotions compete for a winning title as one of the best offered at the fair for the year. Since it was my first trip to the fair, I knew that I needed to try at least a few fried things!

Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I were greeted with a very nice surprise. We were given free tickets from a guest who had extras. The entrance fee runs $17 without any discounts, so we were very thankful to have been the recipients of such a kind gesture! After entering the fair we picked up a map and scoped out where some of  the fried foods we wanted to try were located.

By the end of the day we had tried 5 different fried foods, some of which were winners for this years contest and others were winners from years past. Overall they were all very good…not healthy, but tasty!

In addition to checking out the food, we also went on the ferris wheel and were able to catch some of the sunset while on the ride. We also saw Big Tex and walked around the fair to see everything else offered to guests! Since we went in the evening after work it was very busy. A lot of people at work took a day off to go to the fair-I may have to do this in years to come to enjoy it with less of a crowd!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.