Rockwall HeartChase

Today I went to Rockwall to take part in their annual HeartChase. The HeartChase sponsors the American Heart Association and Lake Pointe is a big sponsor of the event and programming.  Leading up to the event we hosted several fundraisers to raise money. These included a bake sale, a chili cook off, and a donation to be able to wear jerseys to work. Between these events and individual donations we raised several thousand dollars!

I had never been to a HeartChase event before, so I was excited to go. Not knowing what to expect threw my team off a little bit because we didn’t really have a set game plan to win! The event us basically like a scavenger hunt with activities mixed in. You run (or walk!) around an area and go to different stations to complete actitives. After completing the activity you are given a code to either enter or scan into the event’s APP with your phone. In addition to this, there are also bonus codes throughout the playing field that give your team more points. This Saturday there were 99 of such codes for us to find!

My team ended up finishing all of the stations and also found 83 of the bonus codes. Since we didn’t find all of them we didn’t win! Regardless, several Lake Pointe teams look home top spots and ultimately make Lake Pointe the overall winner. It was a lot of fun and was a great opportunity to spend time with Lake Pointe employees outside of the hospital-and it was for a great cause! I would definitely love to go to another HeartChase sometime!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.