Labor Day Weekend

It’s a holiday weekend! I think the best thing about long weekends is that I have a little extra time to relax and get caught up on chores.

This weekend I’m planning on spending most of my time at home. I recently adopted a dog (who is adorable, but a lot of work!) and am also going to be pet sitting for my fellow Administrative Resident for a few days. I’m hoping her pup will help to tire mine out!

This weekend I am also meeting with a representative from the organization that I am planning to begin volunteer with soon. The program (Youth Achievement Foundation) allows mentors to spend time and tutor disadvantaged students who are middle school and high school aged. I will be volunteering as a mentor and will meet with the enrolled students once a week for two hours.

Although I am getting busier with my residency, finding activities outside of work is important to me. I was always involved with organizations outside of school as a college student and am excited to get involved in my community again. I have never regretted spending my time volunteering with organizations that I believe had a great mission. I feel great about my upcoming experience!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.