Showcase Training: Dell Training Center

This week I’ve had a fairly light week at my residency. I’ve been busy lately and needed a few days to catch up on project work, so it worked out well for me! In addition to having some down time to catch up on work, I also went to a training course for one of the programs that we use at Lake Pointe.

Tenet uses Dell for outsources its information systems. As such, training is done at a Dell Training Location. I had never been there before, so I wasn’t sure of what to expect.

After arriving to training I made my way to the building I was supposed to report to and found my contact person. While getting training set up, we talked about how Ross Perot still works at the location and comes to work every day at 8am. I didn’t realize that he still worked there and enjoyed being able to see some of his memorabilia and honorary degrees that lined the building’s hallways. To my surprise, I ended up having the pleasure of briefly meeting Mr. Perot while on the elevator! I’d say it was a pretty neat training experience.

The training session helped me to learn how I can pull queries of information. I haven’t worked much with the finance office at Lake Pointe, but now that I’ve gone through Showcase training, I may be able to help run some reports!

Erin
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.