Mesquite Rodeo

This weekend I went to my first Rodeo! My fellow Administrative Resident, boyfriend and other friend joined me. One of Lake Pointe’s Physician Relations Managers had won tickets to the rodeo, but was unable to go. Lucky for me and my friends, this meant we were able to go for free!

Having never gone to a Rodeo before, I didn’t really know what to expect. I have to say it did not disappoint! The Rodeo was held in Mesquite, which is outside of Dallas. The four of us met up for dinner beforehand and then headed to the Resistol Arena. Today was the last night of the Rodeo for the year, so it was also the championships.

The Rodeo hosted several events as well as some other entertainment acts. Events included Tie Down Roping, Barrel Racing, Steer Wrestling, Bull Riding, and more. The highlight of the Rodeo for me, however, was Mutton Busting. Mutton Busting is an event in which children ride or race on sheep. I had never seen ANYTHING like it and I have to say it was incredibly entertaining.

The Rodeo by far exceeded my expectations and I will definitely be going to more in the future!

ErinĀ 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.