Rollerblading!

It finally happened. I went rollerblading for the first time today since last April. Last April I got into an accident while skating. A rock jammed my skate and I ended up needing stitches as well as a lot of dental work. Although I have been a little nervous about going skating again, I have missed it a great deal.

When I first moved here I asked about places to skate, but hadn’t visited any paths where I would have felt safe skating. I knew that I would be especially nervous about rocky paths and paths that intersect with roads. Not finding anything nearby, I simply stopped thinking about going skating. Now that it’s gotten warm again, however, I have started to miss skating again. As a result of this I spent some time googling inline skating trails and found one. It’s about 25 minutes away, but to have a good path to skate on is well worth the drive.

Since we had some free time, my boyfriend and I decided to check out the trail today. We walked most of it until I decided I would like to try skating. I was a little nervous at first, but was happy he was there with me.  After a few minutes, the nerves went away and skating felt like it always did…the best thing ever! I am super excited to go skating again and will definitely be trying to make several trips to the trail a week. My boyfriend even decided to buy skates to join me! I am super excited to go skating together. I will have to take a picture to share!

Erin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.