AlexanderStreet Press just announced the following updates:
AFRICAN AMERICAN MUSIC REFERENCE
15 new titles (1,317 pages) from Chelsea House Publishers, Hampton Institute Press, and David McKay.Â New titles include:
- Traditional Black Music Series (13 volumes) by Jerry Silverman (sheet music including spirituals, slave songs, songs of protest and civil rights)
- Sheet music of hymns and religious folk songs published by Hampton Institute Press
- Echoes of Africa in Folk Songs of the Americas (Beatrice Landeck)
African American Music Reference now totals 34,112 pages
* 40 new albums (912 tracks) of traditional folk songs, rural blues, gospel hymns, and more. Â Highlights include:
- [THIS IS VERY COOL!!] Â 9 volumes of traditional folk songs recorded specifically for American Song by folk singer Jerry Silverman. Â These folk songs were collected and published in his Folk Song Encyclopedia; these are the recordings that complement the sheet music in the Encyclopedia. Â Liner notes for the songs include a description of the folk song plus the complete lyrics.
- Country/rural blues from Takoma Records
- I’m Going Down to North Carolina – The Complete Recording of Â the Red Fox Chasers, 1928-31, from Tompkins Square Records
American Song now totals 4,058 albums/69,026 tracks.
CLASSICAL MUSIC LIBRARY
* 258 new albums (3,528 tracks) from Bridge Records, Celestial Harmonies, and Mark Custom Records, Weâ€™ve added 1,300 new compositions to the database, including wind ensemble/wind symphonies, choral music, contemporary music by Luciano Berio, David Rakowski, and more. Â Example new albums include:
- David Rakowski: Etudes, Vol. 3
-Three Quartets: The Apollo Saxophone Quartet
- Theme and Variations: Improvisations On Children’s Songs
- H. Kling: 40 Characteristic Etudes for French Horn
- Susan Levitin, Gerald Rizze: 20th Century American Duos for Flute & Piano
- The American Impressionist Organ
Classical Music Library now totals 4,120 albums/63,608 tracks.
JAZZ MUSIC LIBRARY
* Additional indexing completed and released for over 1,000 albums. Â We released new fields including complete instrumentation, subgenres, and biographical data for these albums.
Jazz Music Library now totals 4,940 albums/59,991 tracks.
CLASSICAL SCORES LIBRARY
* 205 new scores (9,716 pages) from Faber Music, Ltd., and Universal Edition
- New scores include compositions by Thomas AdÃ¨s, Julian Anderson, Alban Berg, Victoria Borisova-Ollas, Anne Boyd, Arcangelo Corelli, Colin Matthews, Robert Schumann, Peter Sculthorpe, Carl Vine, Carl Maria von Weber, and more.
Classical Music Library now contains 14,757 scores.
All of the ASP Music databases together, forms MUSIC ONLINE, which now contains:
* 254,372 tracks
* 17,644 albums
* 62,029 pages text reference
* 16,764 scores (318,263 pages)
* 407 videos