The Power of Perseverance

At this point it has happened multiple times. We’re past the middle of October and I have had several interviews with the same response. “You are a great candidate but at this time we are going to move forward with those who more closely align with our requirements for this position.”

It’s a tough spot to be in. I have done everything possible over the past year and a half to position myself as a competitive candidate in the workforce. The interesting thing is that I find getting a job is about as difficult as it was when I was an undergraduate in the fall of 2009. Now the economy has gotten better and my range of potential jobs are geared toward those with a few years experience but don’t be mistaken, it is still a difficult job market.

A few of my colleagues have already received offers so it’s still an incredibly promising to be a Baylor MBA. I also should note that while I have yet to receive an offer, I have had almost 5 interviews this month. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and staying focused till the end.