Note from the Director — Fall 2018

Hello BIC family,

I hope the change of season finds you well. Recently, I spent a morning standing in line for early voting here in Texas. The lines were long and people were festive (despite learning in the morning about the City of Austin mandatory water boil). I hope each of you exercised your civic rights and joined in the record voting turnout. As I mentioned in my last director’s note, the fact that so many alumni are out there doing all kinds of good work in the world gives me hope for the future on a daily basis.

We have some faculty and staff changes underway. We are in the process of doing a search to replace Sharon Conry as Natural World Coordinator. Sharon will be retiring after many years of service to the Natural World component of the BIC experience. If you know anyone with a science background who might be well suited to joining the BIC teaching team, please encourage them to apply. We also recently welcomed a new BIC advisor to our staff. Christopher Moore has been with us since last spring. Chris is married to a former BIC-er, Mary Ziehe Moore!

In terms of BIC courses, World Cultures III has recently undergone a major transformation. We also are offering a special version of Biblical Heritage, taught by Mike Whitenton and Josh Ritter, that deals with Interfaith Dialogue and cultivating religious literacy. Additionally, we have new capstones planned on race and gender in America and the complicated relationship between consumerism and citizenship in America today.

Our alumni program continues to grow thanks to the excellent work of Adam Moore. We would love for you to get involved. Please stay in touch and consider donating to the BIC excellence fund.

Best wishes to all,

Anne-Marie Schultz
Director, Baylor Interdisciplinary Core

This entry was posted in Alumni, Note from Director. Bookmark the permalink.