This is a picture of one of the boats that carried the Cuban exiles toward Cuba during the invasion. The rebels had been training in Nicaragua with CIA cooperatives. Two of the ships were destroyed in the attack killing all the men on the ship.
- Where are the soldiers going?
- Why are they on a boat?
- Does the boat look like it could withstand a plane attack?
- Why did two of the boats get sunk?
- Why was the CIA training the rebels in Nicaragua?
This is a group of Cuban exiles stuck in one of the prison cells. After the Bay of Pigs Invasion failed to remove Castro from office, Castro captured 1200 of the rebels and forced the US to give over valuable goods in exchange for the prisoners life.
- Who are these people?
- Why are they in prison?
- What is different about this prison from an American prison?
- What condition are the soldiers in?
- Why would the US trade valuable goods in exchange for their release from prison?
This is a map of the attack that the CIA planned with Cuban exiles to overthrow Fidel Castro and his Communist Regime. President Kennedy ordered the attack on April 17, 1961.
- What country is being attacked?
- Who is attacking them?
- Why are they being attacked?
- What are the different methods of attack that are being used?
- How did the invasion end up turning out?