1. What type of document is this picture?
2. Who is being pictured with the cigar?
3. What do you notice about the man, the cigar, and the mood in this picture?
4. Why is the cigar blowing up in the man’s face?
5. How is this picture connected with the Bay of Pigs?
- What type of document is this?
- What does the chicken represent in this picture?
- What is the chicken sitting on and why?
- Why is this chicken going to be a problem for the people in this building?
- What does the writing “Freedom” represent in the bottom right corner of the cartoon? Why would the author put it there?
- What type of document is this picture?
- What is being depicted in this magazine cover?
- How do you think this magazine felt about the invasion?
- Do these soldiers look successful in combat?
- What message is the author trying to convey?