Spring into Spring

By Jaziah Masters

“Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!” Sitting Bull

Walking around campus can be a chore, particularly during times of the year when one is prone to freeze or melt. But, I believe early spring gives us an almost perfect in-between in terms of weather.

I’m not too much of an outdoors type of person. However, I have quickly realized that spring is an excellent time to be one. As I walk around campus, I can’t help but to simile at the natural emersion. Winter has seemingly been evaporated by the sunshine of spring. More so, People have taken notice.

March madness is one thing, but what is going on this March is something a little different. Campus is vibrant. Campus is booming. Campus is green (even more so). There are people coming and going from seemingly everywhere. The joys of springtime, in my opinion, can never be overestimated.

As the weather breaks, one of the best things I noticed is that we are all allowed to enjoy the weather more. Going from class to class is a delight, one even professors cannot help but to take advantage of.

spring cultures

The picture above is of my World Cultures class. We were able to have class outside for the first time in, well, forever. I can’t remember the last time I had class outside, especially before college, but the opportunity was just too great to pass up. It took little convincing for our professor to side with us. But honestly, is there a better way to discuss US History than outside, basking in the sunlight? Not to mention the fact that it makes a wonderful picture!

Another thing I mentioned earlier that I also have noticed is the fact that more and more people are visiting. Almost every day, I have run into tour groups or just families visiting. I must admit, it’s a great time to come visit, just after the cold, but right before it gets too hot.

Not just visitors, but others are also taking advantage of the wonderful opportunity that the weather has provided. I’ve passed several different photography set-ups where seniors are taking their senior pictures. I’ve also spotted several student groups hanging out on Fountain Mall. Catching this area at sunset during this time is always a sight to behold.

Overall, campus, like a plant, is blooming. Spring is probably my favorite time of year to take in the beautiful Baylor campus!