Get Up Baylor, It’s GameDay!

By Laura Teague

First of all, thank y’all so much for voting! I was able to win the VIP tailgate experience for GameDay – and as promised, here is the inside scoop! First of all, let me explain – GameDay is a TV show that chooses the biggest game of the week and visits the campus to film the show live and discuss the games for the week. The fact that they chose Baylor is a huge honor and gave the university tons of publicity!

Most of my friends went to the stadium around 4 or 5 p.m. on Friday to get a good spot to camp out in line for the student area behind the host’s desk. My friends and I went over that night to see the line and everyone’s tents and signs. Since I won the VIP passes, I, and 10 of my friends, didn’t have to get a tent (#blessed) and were able to just show up the morning of the show. I wish I had taken pictures of everyone’s signs – people are so creative! Most of them were poking fun at KSU and TCU, as well as their respective coaches. After a few pictures with the GameDay bus and our beautiful stadium, my group of friends and I got to go home and sleep before a big day!

The Night Before!

The Night Before!

We got to the stadium around 7:30, and it was already packed. Students had stayed there all night and then more poured in to fill the rest of the plaza in front of McLane Stadium.

On the bus heading to the show!

On the bus heading to the show!

Arriving at the Stadium!

Arriving at the Stadium!

Our tailgate area was directly behind part of the set, and a local BBQ place called Viteks had been preparing food for us all morning, so we had plenty to eat! Before the show started, one of the hosts, David Pollack, came to our area and hung out with us! Here is me attempting to teach him how to do a Sic ‘Em!

Teaching David Pollack how to Sic 'Em!

Teaching David Pollack how to Sic ‘Em!

During the actual show, we got to meet Coach Art Briles, and we even ended up on TV!

TV Time!

TV Time!

After the show was over and we were stuffed with food, we got to go on set and take a picture with the rest of the hosts. Then, it was home for a quick nap and off to win our second Big XII title! Overall, it was one of the most incredible weekends I have ever had and a huge positive image for Baylor.

Picture on the set with the hosts!

Picture on the set with the hosts!

Such a fun morning!

Such a fun morning!

Unknown-4

After the game - One True Champion.

After the game – One True Champion.