Not the End, but Only a Beginning

By Kilani Ju

As the semester comes down to its final weeks, so does my time here at Baylor. This month, I will be officially graduating from Baylor University. To say the word “graduating” still leaves me speechless. I remember as if it were yesterday…I was walking around campus for the first time, envisioning life as a Baylor student. Now, I walk around campus trying to soak in every moment I can. The little things I rarely noticed on a daily basis have my fullest attention now. Whether it’s simply taking a run around campus or eating lunch outside the SUB, I try to enjoy every day as much as I can. Looking back on my Baylor experience, I grew enormously as a person and experienced so many things I hadn’t experienced before, such as living on my own out of state.

Although I’m sad that I will be closing this chapter in my life, I know this is only the beginning. Finishing school is terrifying, but I’m excited and anxious to see where life takes me next. After graduation, I will be moving back to California and working while taking some time to figure out my next plan of action. I know for some it’s not ideally what you hope for after graduation (having a break), but I know there are others who will feel exactly how I feel—burnt out. It’s OK to give yourself a break. You deserve it. As the years go by, you’ll find it more challenging to make time for a break, and I believe it’s important to take time now rather than later. You have your whole future ahead of you to find success and accomplish your dreams. Don’t feel rushed or pressured to jumpstart your career! It’s OK to take a breather.

With that being said, I’ll leave you with some final words: Enjoy each and every moment of your life. No matter how stressed or busy you are, take time to enjoy your surroundings and what you get to do on a daily basis. Remember that each day that goes by is a day you can never get back. Live in the moment and enjoy every possible second at Baylor.

Sic ‘Em Bears Forever! 🙂