Five Fun Things to Do On Campus

By Maggie Malone

In all the craziness that comes along with Homecoming week (or any week around here really), it’s hard to find some time to kick back and just chill. And, believe it or not, there’s quite a few fun things to do around campus!

1. Taking silly pictures!

As an aspiring photographer, I often bring my nice camera with me, but a cell phone camera works nicely. Just grab a few of your crew and go exploring! There’s quite a few excellent photo spots here. Then, let the fun begin! Try out different poses and facial expressions! Extra points if you do it in costume.

2. The Guerrilla Troupe

When I watch this improv comedy group, I always laugh so hard that I start crying. They are absolutely hilarious. Plus, the entry fee is only $3, which is an excellent value. However, their shows are held at random times throughout the year, and they fill up fast. So, checking their Facebook page is a must, but it’s well worth it.

3. Game Room

Baylor’s not-so-secret game room is located in the basement of the Student Union Building (often referred to as the SUB) and has a ton of cool stuff like billiards, foosball and bowling.

4. The Pool

Found in the McLane Student Life Center (the SLC), it has everything from swimming lanes to a heated spa. It even has a water slide. Yes, you read right. I just said water slide. I haven’t had time to go check it out yet, but the fact that Baylor has its own water slide gives us at least 25 more cool points. If swimming isn’t your thing, the SLC is jam-packed with other sports facilities as well.

5. Common Grounds

This last one is technically off-campus, but this cozy coffee shop sits on the outskirts of campus, enticing students by the carload with its warm atmosphere and delicious coffees.

One thought on “Five Fun Things to Do On Campus