May 1st

By Laura Teague

College Decision Day! Today marks the start of a life changing adventure for the Class of 2018! Get ready – these next four years are going to rock your world. Some of you (I hope most!) will start your journey at Line Camp this summer and continue on with Welcome Week. Then all of a sudden, classes start, and you are an official college student. I can’t wait to cheer on our football team to victory with you in just 121 days in our brand new stadium, watch y’all run the line, experience Homecoming for the first time and pass on Baylor to you. Enjoy these last few weeks of senior year, even though school may seem like the last thing you want to do!

Today is very special for me, as my little brother is a senior in high school, and his decision is final today. As much as I wish he would be sporting his Line Jersey this fall, he has found his own perfect fit. He is fulfilling his dream of playing collegiate baseball at Samford University.

Pic 1

Although he will not be on this campus with me next fall, my advice to him is the same.

Enjoy every second of this new adventure. Get excited about all of these next steps: meeting your roommate, choosing your classes and moving into your residence hall; it really is an exciting time! So this summer, practice your Sic ‘Em and get all of your Baylor gear ready for August 30th!

Congratulations Class of 2018, and welcome to the Baylor family!