The mission of the Baylor Psychometric Laboratory (BPL) is to support the faculty and students at Baylor University (BU) and other academic institutions in the development, application, and analysis of measurement in educational/psychological research.
In addition to office space and computing programs, BPL also houses a library of articles and books related to psychometrics and related fields, as well as technical manuals for pertinent psychometric software. The BPL’s computing facilities include machines with Linux, Windows, Mac operating systems, which are available for student and faculty consultation. The BPL’s computers are connected to BU’s ethernet system, which allows for access to shared printers and BU servers, as well as to the larger computing systems maintained by BU’s Academic and Research Computing Services group (ARCS).
If you would like to make an appointment with a member of the laboratory for your current or future research needs, please contact us at Alex_Beaujean [at] Baylor.edu or call us at: 2547101548
The BPL is located in Draper Hall, Suite 102 [Map ]. To enter the BPL, you must do so directly via the inner quadrangle. The BPL is not accessible from any other location in Draper Hall. The easiest way to access the BPL is as follows:
1. Go to the Student Union Building (SUB)/Bill Daniel Student Center
2. Go Southeast towards the plaza and Carroll Science Hall.
3. Keep going towards Burleson Quadrangle.
4. Make a right at the first step of stairs (you are now between Old Main and Burleson Hall).
5. Continue straight and you will go past two arboreta (one one your left, one of your right).
6. Make a right when you get to the next building (Draper Hall).
7. The BPL is the first door on the left.